Chinese podcasts are a great way to learn Chinese and these are the reasons why Chinese learning podcasts are so popular.
- You can choose the podcasts that work for you – there are learn Chinese podcasts aimed at people of all ages and language abilities.
- You can learn at your own speed – when you want and for how long you want. Podcasts aren’t like a class in that you can choose to listen to as much as you want to. For those wanting shorter “sessions”, we’d advise against listening to a single podcast in sections as the podcast generally assumes you are listening in one, but you can choose shorter podcasts to listen to. For those wanting more audio input, you can listen to two or more podcasts in one sitting.
- Podcasts can be used in addition to other forms of Chinese learning – If you are learning Chinese in a class or in a one-to-one situation with a tutor, podcasts can be used as an “addon” to any work covered in class and a way of using free time to further improve your Chinese.
- Podcasts can also be used when you are no longer studying Chinese formally as a way of not losing your Chinese and making improvements. It’s very sad to know but when you stop using your Chinese, you forget it.
- Podcasts help you to improve your Chinese listening skills so that you can understand more and become more accustomed to the varied sounds of Chinese.
- A great way of learning more words – through the way that the words are used, podcasts can help you to remember more words. Often we try and learn vocabulary lists and find that many of the words don’t stay with us. By hearing the words used, then the words should become a lot more familiar and hopefully they will be remembered.
- Wonderful for broadening your range of vocabulary in Chinese – You can use podcasts as a way of learning about new topics as well as ones you already know.