These podcasts are native Chinese podcasts aimed at native Chinese speakers rather than Chinese learners. The following Chinese podcasts are in Mandarin Chinese and cover a wide range of topics from daily life, youth culture and entertainment to the struggles of modern Chinese people living abroad. You’re sure to find something to interest you among our diverse collection of podcasts, no matter your age, gender or interests. Coming from a variety of different sources, these podcasts are a great way to connect with Chinese communities within China and oversees.
While aimed at native speakers, these podcasts can also be used by non-native speakers with advanced Chinese language levels. If you’re an advanced learner looking for resources with more of a challenge, then you’ve come to the right place. Here you’ll be able to test your ability against material aimed at native speakers with a variety of topics to choose from to keep you interested and test your vocabulary. For Chinese learners, it is recommended to be at an intermediate-advanced level of Chinese to fully benefit from these podcasts. Less advanced learners are welcome to try out these podcasts for practice too but shouldn’t be discouraged if they prove too difficult. The following Chinese podcasts have also been reviewed by us in English, making it easy for you to work out if they are suitable for you to use when learning/studying Chinese.
Many of the following Chinese podcasts are available on iTunes, while others have their own website links where they can be listened to online and downloaded.
Newest podcasts updated:
硬影像 podcast (Taiwan)
百靈果 News (Taiwan)
星箭廣播 Technology and innovation (Taiwan)
大人的Small Talk – Work and interpersonal relations
尼爾喝牛奶：你的次文化指南 (Neil Drinks Milk)
Newest podcasts reviews from China and overseas Chinese:
漫谈日本 – Chinese view on living in Japan
品读论语 – Chinese virtues
新闻切克闹 – News podcast
艺术很难吗 – Art and artists.
黄帝内经与养生智慧 = Chinese medicine based on the Yellow Emperor’s Classic work.
罗辑思维 – Interesting and educated point of view on many different things.
仓央嘉措诗歌情 – Ancient and modern Chinese poetry
第一财经 – Financial podcast
随口说美国 – Living in the USA as a Chinese person.
韩非不是韩非子 – Chinese food culture
燃·体育 – Sports
暴走姐妹花 – Travelling
二货一萝筐 – Comic podcast
逗喵音乐教室 – Classical music
旅行日记 – Random podcast with lots of different sections
一起读诗 – Chinese poetry
吃货老吴 – Food and travelling
欧美复古控 – Famous English and American songs
优质女纸必修课 – Podcast aimed at women but one of the easiest podcasts to understand.
Papi酱2016 – Interesting podcast about youth and art.
心理FM – Emotions and psychology.
365读书 Chinese Writers
王自健脱口秀 – Talk show
非常溜+7 – Comic podcast
西瓜波普聊影视 – Western film and TV series ie Bojack.
神奇海螺 – Interesting podcast from students at Sichuan University
一个人听 – Relationships and the podcast host has a great voice.
聊个球播客 – Chinese sports podcast
什么值得买 – Chinese consumer reviews
坏蛋调频 – Music and entertainment podcast
不好吃哪来力气耍流氓 – Food and nostalgia.
恋爱偏方 – Relationships from a male perspective.
学霸学渣闯美国 – Interesting podcast about the job market.
nana在日本 – Life in Japan from a Chinese perspective.
双份De阳光 – Emotions and feelings.
暴走漫画 – Comedic podcast about the latest happenings in China.
机核GADIO游戏电台 – Video Gamer podcast
看电影, 听音乐 – Movie music
边听动漫边怀孕 – Anime music
反派影评 – Movies podcast
十点读书 – Psychology and knowledge.
Our reviews of older Chinese podcasts in English are below. Some of these Chinese podcasts may not still be updated but hopefully they will still be available online.
Podcasts from China, PRC:
- AutoRadio Car Podcasts
- 鱼淼淼讲故事 – A children’s bedtime story Chinese podcast. Suitable for Chinese learners at a lower level than other podcasts.
- 糖蒜广播脱口秀 – Talk show podcast
- 萌音电波 – For people interested in Japanese culture/gaming
- 极客爱运动 – Chinese bodybuilding and fitness podcast
- Lestalk – Interesting feminist podcast.
- 电影不无聊 – Cinema podcast
- Cheese Party – Knowledge podcast split into parts
- 爱听悦读汇 – Books podcast
- 虹巴伦漫游科学 – Science podcast for kids.
- 冬吴相对论 – Business podcast
- 科学脱口秀 Science podcast
- 声行漫步 – Travel podcast
- 三味书屋 – Listen to Chinese literature being read.
- 新闻酸菜馆 – Colloquial/chat weekly news podcast.
- 曲艺电台 – Traditional Chinese performances with lots of slang and heavy dialects.
- 时尚玩家 – Interview podcast with interesting people
- 狗熊有话说 – Podcast from iOs developer.
- 海鸟窝 – Travel podcast which just focuses on people visiting islands.
- Tiny4voice Podcast – Interesting technology/interview podcast where the podcaster has a fairly strong accent.
- 鬼话连篇 – Chinese ghost stories podcast with a twist!
- 不亦乐乎 – Chinese jokes podcast
- 面子事儿广播 – Advice programme about flattering looks, colours, haircuts etc. with phone-ins.
- 似水流年岁月如歌 – Chinese music podcast
- 财富名人八卦 – Celebrities, gossip etc. with lots of mimickery too (some Sichuanhua)
- 有的聊博客 – Technology podcast
- NBA前线 – About NBA in the USA – last updated early 2012.
- 醉想听你唱 – Talkshow with lots of current slang.
- 环球旅行家 – Interesting travel podcast.
- 钢镚儿小茶馆 – University students in Beijing.
- 酱油微播 – Technology and news podcast
Podcasts from Taiwan:
- 林威 All about English – Interesting podcast for Chinese learners of English.
- 週末野球時間 – Chinese Baseball podcast from Taiwan
- 台北悠游卡好玩 – Great podcast about travelling around Taipei.
- 台北旌旗教会 – Sermons from a Taiwan church with lots of Chinese Christian songs.
- 行銷讚點子 – E-commerce and marketing advice.
- 吃吃喝喝美食我最in – Food podcast
- 青春愛消遣 – Funny talk podcast
- 六年级的音乐盒 – Music podcast (lots of songs and some talk)
Overseas Chinese Podcasts:
- Big Fish Food Show– Food podcast with some London/overseas Chinese information.
- 超级苹果网电台 – Overseas Chinese volunteer-led news podcast.
- La Vita di Milano – Podcast by Chinese students in Italy, very relaxed and a good listen.
- 民主沙龙 – Radio Free Asia interesting podcast with lots of people phoning in.
- Sleepless Britain – Chinese students in the UK chatting, very interesting for Chinese learners.
- Princess Remy – Podcast from a Taiwanese person in Austria. No longer updated.
- 矽谷生命河靈糧堂 – Christian sermon and praise podcasts from Santa Clara. Interesting Sermons.
- 法律前線 – Overseas Chinese podcast in San Fransisco exploring law. No longer updated.
For a list of Chinese podcasts that haven’t been reviewed – go here.