2. Neutral Venue 1. The Site is a collection of reviews of Chinese language podcasts and learn Chinese programmes. 2. WE HAVE NO CONTROL OVER USER CONDUCT. THEREFORE, WE DISCLAIM ALL LIABILITY ARISING OUT OF OR RELATED TO USER CONDUCT OR USE OF THE SITE CONTENT. WE ARE NOT LIABLE FOR ANY INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY RIGHTS INFRINGEMENT, PROPERTY DAMAGE COMMITTED USING OUR SITE. NO CLAIM, SUIT OR ACTION SHALL BE BROUGHT AGAINST US MORE THAN ONE YEAR AFTER THE RELATED CAUSE OF ACTION HAS OCCURRED.
3. IP and Takedown Notice 1. Site contents, features and functionality (including but not limited to all information, text, displays, images, video and audio, and the design, selection and arrangement thereof) are protected by the U.K. and international copyright, trademark, trade secret and other intellectual property or proprietary rights laws. Nothing in this Site limits any intellectual property rights of their respective owners. 2. When you submit any content to the Site, including without limitation, uploading audio clips of your own voice, entering any text into our Site (i.e. to create an image), you specifically grant us a non-exclusive, perpetual, transferable, sub-licensable, royalty-free, worldwide license to publish your content. 3. We respect the intellectual property rights of others and expect the users to do the same. We will respond to claims of copyright infringement committed using our Site if such claims are reported to us. If we believe that any posted material violates any applicable law, we will remove or disable access to any such material.
5. Your Use of the Site 1. You agree not to use the Site for any illegal purpose, including but not limited to copyright infringement. 2. You must not: a. Attempt to delete or alter any copyright, trademark or other proprietary rights notices from copies of materials from the Site. b. Submit unsolicited bulk or commercial messages (“spam”) to our Site, other users or anyone else. Any unsolicited message must also not direct the recipient to any third party site or other resource. c. Access our Site in order to build a competing service. d. Use the Site for any illegal purposes. You will remain responsible for complying with all laws applicable to your use of the Site. e. Use any robot, spider or other automatic or manual device, process or means to access the Site for any purpose, including monitoring or copying any of the material on the Site. f. Use the Site in any manner that could interfere with any other party’s use of the Site, including their ability to engage in real time activities through the Site. g. Introduce any viruses or other material which is technologically harmful. h. Attempt to gain unauthorized access to, interfere with, damage or disrupt any parts of the Site or any server, computer or database connected to the Site. i. Otherwise attempt to interfere with the proper working of the Site.
6. Disputes with Users As a neutral venue, we do not offer mediation, arbitration or any other forms of dispute resolution and do not actively monitor user interactions. Therefore, you are solely responsible for your interactions and disputes with other Site users (participating businesses and consumers). We reserve the right, but have no obligation, to facilitate disputes between the users.
7. Site Content 1. Content is provided through the Site “AS IS,” and you agree that the use of and reliance on any content is at your own risk, and that under no circumstances shall the Site be liable for any content or for any loss or damage of any kind incurred as a result of the use of any content made available. 2. You acknowledge that the Site does not screen content, and that the Site shall have the right (but not the obligation), at its sole discretion, to refuse access or registration to anyone, modify, delete or move any content, for any reason.
9. Disclaimer of Warranty and Limitation of Liability 1. YOUR USE OF THE SITE AND ITS CONTENT IS AT YOUR OWN RISK. WE DO NOT WARRANT THAT THE SITE WILL MEET YOUR EXPECTATIONS OR REQUIRMENTS. IN NO EVENT WILL WE, OUR SERVICE PROVIDERS, EMPLOYEES, AGENTS, OFFICERS OR DIRECTORS BE LIABLE FOR DAMAGES OF ANY KIND, UNDER ANY LEGAL THEORY, ARISING OUT OF OR IN CONNECTION WITH YOUR USE, OR INABILITY TO USE, THE SITE, ANY SITES LINKED TO IT, OR ANY SERVICES OR ITEMS OBTAINED THROUGH THE SITE, INCLUDING ANY DIRECT, INDIRECT, SPECIAL, INCIDENTAL, CONSEQUENTIAL OR PUNITIVE DAMAGES, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, PERSONAL INJURY, PAIN AND SUFFERING, EMOTIONAL DISTRESS, LOSS OF REVENUE OR ANTICIPATED SAVINGS, LOSS OF USE, LOSS OF GOODWILL, LOSS OF DATA, AND WHETHER CAUSED BY TORT (INCLUDING NEGLIGENCE), BREACH OF CONTRACT OR OTHERWISE, EVEN IF FORESEEABLE. 2. TO THE FLLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW, WE HEREBY DISCLAIM ALL WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, STATUTORY OR OTHERWISE, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO ANY WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, NON-INFRINGEMENT AND FITNESS FOR PARTICULAR PURPOSE. 3. We will not be liable for any loss or damage caused by a distributed denial-of-service attack, viruses or other technologically harmful material that may infect your computer equipment, computer programs, data or other proprietary material due to your use of the Site.
13. Electronic Communications You agree that all notices or other communications regarding your account and/or your use of the Site (“Communications”), may be provided to you electronically and you agree to receive all Communications from us in electronic form. You may print a copy of any Communications and retain it for your records. All electronic Communications will be considered just as legally binding as if they were in paper form. You may revoke your consent to receive Communications electronically, but if you revoke your consent to receive Communications electronically, we reserve the right to terminate your right to use our Site.
17. Contact All feedback, comments, requests for technical support and other communications relating to the Site should be directed to us via email at firstname.lastname@example.org
Effective 20 November 2015
2. Information We Collect About You and How We Collect It 1. We collect several types of information from and about users of our Site, including information: By which you may be personally identified, such as name, payment information, and e-mail address (“personal information”); • Regarding user preferences, internet connection, operating system, browser, equipment you use to access the Site, etc. • Site usage information, such as the Site pages you view and search you use. We collect this information: • Directly from you when you provide it to us. • Automatically as you navigate through the site. Information collected automatically may include usage details, IP addresses and information collected through cookies and other tracking technologies. • From third parties, for example, our business partners.
3. Information You Provide to Us 1. The information we collect on or through our Site may include: Information that you provide by using our Site tools. We may also ask you for information when you report a problem with our Site. • Records and copies of your correspondence (including e-mail addresses), if you contact us. • Your search queries on the Site.
4. How We Use Your Information 1. We use information that we collect about you or that you provide to us, including any personal information: To present our Site and its contents to you. • To provide you with information, products or services that you request from us. • To send our newsletter but you can opt-out of it by clicking unsubscribe link. • To fulfil any other purpose for which you provide it. • To provide you with notices about your account, including expiration and renewal notices. • To carry out our obligations and enforce our rights arising from any contracts entered into between you and us, including for billing and collection. • To notify you about changes to our Site or any products or services we offer or provide though it. • To allow you to participate in interactive features on our Site. • In any other way we may describe when you provide the information. • For any other purpose with your consent.
6. Accessing and Correcting Your Information 1. You can review and change your personal information by logging into the Site and visiting your account profile page. 2. You may also send us an e-mail at email@example.com to request access to, correct or delete any personal information that you have provided to us. We may not accommodate a request to change information if we believe the change would violate any law or legal requirement or cause the information to be incorrect.
8. Data Security 1. If you opt for a paid-for service, you will be given a username and password. You are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share your password with anyone. 2. Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we do our best to protect your personal information, we cannot guarantee the security of your personal information transmitted to our Site. Any transmission of personal information is at your own risk. We are not responsible for circumvention of any privacy settings or security measures contained on the Site.